Asti Street Fire

image_pdfimage_print

Delano, CA - At 3:20 a.m. on Monday, April 4, 2016, Kern County Firefighters responded to a report of smoke coming from a building with a glow inside in the 100 block of Asti Street. Responding units had smoke showing from a distance and reinforced the alarm. Arriving units were faced with a 1400 sq. ft. single family dwelling with fire in two bedrooms and extension into the attic. The fire was extinguished in 15 mins while a primary search was completed. The cause appears to be candles. Loss is estimated at $40,000. Two residents have been displaced and they are being assisted by relatives.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Open-flame candle sources can be extremely dangerous. Never leave a candle unattended. Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn.
Consider using flameless (battery-powered) candles in your home – they look and smell like real candles.

ASSISTING AGENCIES: North Kern Prison FD, The Gas Company, PG&E, Delano Building Dept.

 

 

 

Comments are closed.